Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Getting Ready for a New Year and a Freebie!

So this year I am starting at a new school..... in a new district ..... in a new state! I am excited about this new adventure but it has been a long time since I was the "newbie".  It will take me a while to find my fit so right now I am just focusing on trying to get my boxes unpacked and room set up so I can spend preplanning absorbing the changes this new year will present to me.

Not only is my new room smaller than what I am use to but I will be having more students that I have had in the past and it's yellow! So . . . time to rethink my classroom setup and decor. I have decided to go with a colorful patterned look - I'm loving Creative Teaching Press's Dots on Turquoise Collection.  Here are some of the products I'm using:

Trimmers from Creative Teaching Press:

Word Wall Letters also from Creative Teaching Press:


And to match, this Job Chart from the same collection:



Ok, now for my newest project and a freebie! My alphabet line was looking pretty dingy after 7 years unliminated, so I decided it was time to look into purchasing a new one. The only problem was that I couldn't find one that I thought looked nice but also had pictures to relate to each letter's sound.  I like to go through each letter every day saying the name of the letter, its sound, and a word that matches. Unfortunately alphabet lines that had pictures of x-rays on X and owls on O, just wasn't going to work for me.  After hours of looking for one that would work for me, I decided just to make one. You can nab your own FREE and editable copy here at my TPT store!

Once I'm all set up, I will post new classroom tour pictures. Guess that's it for now. Happy "New" Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment